How it transformed me In and Out!
I was literally on tears when i came out on the first day of my workout session. My whole body was under sever pain and I could not even stand for a second. I remember, lying on my bed unable to sleep due to body aces but today i am unable to sleep, if I don't workout at least for an hour. This doesn't mean that I am a workout freak and don't take a break, because i do, once a week.
I am not here to tell about what i went through when i started working out and so on but to tell that how it has changed me as a person.
A side effect of a more regular physical workout seemed to have a effect - loosing 4 to 5 kgs without even trying, I simply learnt to treat my body better and nourish myself with right things (food habits).
This does not mean every day workout has resulted in constant state of bliss. What it does mean is that it has helped in knowing my abilities, being honest with myself and my desires and exploring myself.
Due to my workout sessions everyday, i have noticed the following benefits and positive transformation in me.
First being, my relationship with food has changed. I am more willing and ready to notice when i have moments of body shaming or when I'm making questionable food choices. I used to constantly feel angry at myself for what or how much i was eating, and it caused sense of guilt always. Even though i knew hoe bad my eating habits were, I could not control. But now, I am deeply committed to making food choices that are low in Carbohydrates, fats & sugar and high on protein and fibers, whether that mean shopping organic, local and package-free.
I'am finally opened to learning about the environmental, physical and mental impacts of food, instead of turning a blind eye and acting out of convenience or habitual patters that don't serve my body right. And you know what? It feels good.
Secondly, I make better lifestyle choices now. Knowing I have the power to create what i want, including the authority and permission to love myself through thick and thin, is priceless tool that working out continues to teach me everyday. I have learnt that I do not have to end my day carrying the whole day's stress and tension. Now, the evenings are a sacred time for me. I feel relaxed and end my day on a positive note, it keep me calm and happy when I go to bed.
Third major aspect is improvement of my relationship with others. I have learned to be better listener, a more compassionate individual, and i can more openly speak my mind without the fear of being disliked.
Finally i would like to say, we can all remember to stay faithful to ourselves, keep inquiring, and keep going. Our bodies are amazingly responsive, and if we treat them with care even if and when anxiety creep back up or persists, we can learn over and over again to soften our personal anxieties and be with ourselves just as we are.
Comments
Post a Comment